Welcome! Come In and Introduce Yourself

Queens Dominion; Science Fiction, Fantasy
QueenSidhe

05 Jul 2005, 21:11 #1

Welcome to the Scifi/Fantasy Dominion on BCC! Come introduce yourself or tell us what you like to read. Specifically, which authors? Or how did you found us?

I'll see you around and happy reading!QueenSidhe
SciFi/Fantasy Dominion
Book Chat Central: Online Reading Groups' Community Boards
Currently reading: ?
Just finished: Thraxas by Martin Scott
The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart. -- Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold
QueenSidhe
SciFi/Fantasy Dominion
Just finished: Bring It On by Laura Ann Gilman
The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart. -- Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold

19 Aug 2005, 18:49 #2

My name is Sue, and I'm a Children's Librarian from Mississippi. The last series of books that I read were by Eoin Colfer, his Artemis Fowl series for children...they were great. I was wondering if anyone else has read them and might have suggestions of what to read next. I've finished the latest offering by Rowling, her Harry Potter 6th. I read adult fiction as well.

QueenSidhe

19 Aug 2005, 22:35 #3

Hi Sue. Welcome to BCC!

I've never read the Artemis Fowl series, but if you're looking for young adult fiction, I love the works by Tamora Pierce, Robin McKinley, Patricia McKillip, and Patricia Wrede.QueenSidheSciFi/Fantasy DominionBook Chat Central: Online Reading Groups' Community Boards Currently reading: Origin in Death by J.D. RobbJust finished: Undead and Unappreciated by Mary Janice DavidsonThe one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart. -- Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold
QueenSidhe
SciFi/Fantasy Dominion

zorpr1me

19 Aug 2005, 23:26 #4

Welcome to the sic-fi and fantasy board!!

For young adult, I would suggest The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman. I think that book is considered young adult fantasy but I might be wrong. Anyway there is nothing bad for children in this fantasy book, in my opinion. It is the only I read but I understand that it is a trilogy.Later,Eric
Later,
Eric

ruaidhri75

20 Aug 2005, 03:08 #5

Hello, Sue1951!

We probably don't need to mention CS Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia, but I bet those books are primed to explode to new popularity with this new movie coming up.* * *

Sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt

Sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt

pepper93

20 Aug 2005, 03:12 #6

No the Chronicles of Narnia need not be mentioned....I read them in college and have reread them so many times afterwards that I've lost count. Usually whenever I feel down I read one and it always makes me feel better.

Sue

rbt925

18 Oct 2005, 22:24 #7

Hello my name is rbt925. I look forward to being here. I found you guys on EZ boards. Most of the fiction I read is childrens/YA fantasy. Are any of you writers?

zorpr1me

18 Oct 2005, 23:48 #8

Welcome to the board. Hope you find what your are looking for here.

And for your question, I'm not a writer Image Later,Eric
Later,
Eric

02 Nov 2005, 23:33 #9

Hi, I'm waterling14 I just found this site on a rainny day and was drawn to it. I like to read fantasy,my frav. is medevil Fantasy. And I'v only readed it for 2 to 3 years,so if you know a good book,or anything like that I'm all ears.

QueenSidhe

03 Nov 2005, 22:32 #10

Welcome, Waterling!

Some good medieval fantasy. Well, there's Deeds of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon, the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce, and Oath of Swords and War God's Own by David Weber. Some other authors that might be good, depending on what you're looking for are Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan, Tad Williams, Terry Brooks, and George R.R. Martin.

Which medieval fantasy authors have you read and liked?QueenSidheSciFi/Fantasy DominionBook Chat Central: Online Reading Groups' Community Boards Currently reading: Lost Truth by Dawn CookJust finished: Forgotten Truth by Dawn CookThe one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart. -- Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold
QueenSidhe
SciFi/Fantasy Dominion